Monday, September 14, 2009

an observation

Did you ever notice that chocolate desserts, especially at chain restaurants, are named frightful and terrible things? Chocolate Suicide... Death by Chocolate... Molten Meltdown of DOOM AND DESPAIR. Now, I don't know about you, but when I am considering a chocolatey, gooey, rich dessert, I do not want to be forced to order said dessert by asking for a meltdown. Or death. I'd rather ask for, say, a delight or a mountain of wonderment. But if they are trying to scare me away, then they must know that they will not succeed. I am female and pregnant and if I want my chocolate gooey goodness then I will ask for it by whatever named has been bestowed upon in it that little plastic booklet in the condiment rack. Chocolate Destruction of All That Is Good In the World? Yes, please. And just bring one spoon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, chocolate...
By any other name, would it still be as deadly, er, I mean sweet?

Ben Dawkins said...

Mmmm...Achocholypse, Demonic Dutch Dessert, Fudgemageddon (with ice cream), Evil éclair! I like this game...

GreerAnn said...

I think Achocolypse is my favorite, Ben. You should give TGIFridays or Applebees a call and suggest it.

Patti Ann said...

One spoon? Really?

Anonymous said...

Achocolypse Now! Just think of the movie rights...

Ben Dawkins said...

Achocolypse now...I like it!

"You smell that? Godiva, son...that smell, that Toblerone smell. Once I remember marching up to the kitchen and all I saw was a bunch of empty Kiss wrappers...not one milk chocolate was to be found. *big inhale* I love the smell of Nestle in the morning. Smells like...victory!"

"The Horror!!! The Horror!!!"