Friday, October 3, 2008

bloggerific!

I'm back!

So I've been looking at other blogs... doing research I guess. I was trying to find a blog about a 20-something, married, dog-loving, liberal, artistic woman. Or at least someone who met a few of those qualifications. I really couldn't find any! And then I realized... I was looking for my own blog that I never write in. Maybe someone else is trying to find a blog about being confused about how to transition from having a life map to having to google-map yourself from one place to another. So here we go. Back in action. Greerblog take 2.

Joe and I have been considering buying a house since it is looking more and more likely that we will be staying put for at least another couple of years. Now I know that the real estate market is perfect for buyers right now, but that does not make it any less terrifying that we might be becoming one of those buyers. I really do want a house... well really, I just don't want this tiny apartment which is a bit close to the ghetto for my tastes. And I want a yard and a washer and dryer and an extra bedroom or two... and a dishwasher would be nice. But in all of the research I've done, it's going to be a challenge to find something that meets both of our standards (read: Joe- cheap, Greer- liveable, safe, cute, etc.) while being in a good location and being in our price range. And we have to really start looking in January, which is really not that far away when you get down to it. I guess I should just wait and see what's available then and what has been on the market for a long time by that point. I have a problem with getting ahead of myself. Anyone else find themselves wanting to fast forward to the future even while you're wishing for life to slow down?

No comments: